How can I distribute materials to the public through the Library?
The Library will distribute materials at library locations under limited circumstances.
Organizations wishing to have their materials distributed must:
- Be a non-profit organization, or
- Provide valuable information to the community.
If the materials meet both of these requirements, the following distribution procedures should be followed:
- Materials should be packaged in 31 plain envelopes or banded bundles. Banded bundles should be boxed. (Cleveland Public Library currently has 31 locations, including: Main Library, 27 branch libraries, Mobile Services, Public Administration Library, and the Ohio Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled.)
- Envelopes or boxes must be delivered to the Marketing Department.
- Materials can be dropped off at the back dock of Cleveland Public Library, 325 Superior Avenue, between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- The back dock entrance is behind the library on Rockwell Avenue between East 3rd and East 6th Street.
- If the dock door is closed, call Safety and Protective Services at 216-623-2889 and let them know you have a package to drop off for the Marketing Department. They will open the door for you to enter the dock. Library staff will assist you in unloading your materials.
- Small materials may also be dropped off at the drive-up window behind the Library on Rockwell Avenue. The drive-up window is staffed Monday through Saturday from 7am to 7pm.
- Please label the materials for delivery to the Marketing Department.
- Materials will be distributed to Library locations within three (3) working days.
Acceptance of materials at the Public Services facility does not guarantee that they will be displayed in any or all locations.
Space for display of materials is limited. Each location manager makes decisions as to whether information is posted, and when it is posted, distributed and removed in their branch.
Priority is given based on the following criteria, in order of importance:
- Events co-sponsored by the Library
- Local community information, often specific to the neighborhood of their location
- City-wide community information
We are able to distribute up to 25 pieces and one poster per branch and 50 pieces for the Main Library. Some library branches may not have a bulletin board. Cleveland Public Library does not monitor or restock supplies of unsolicited materials.
Call Marketing & Communications department at 216-623-2869 or email email@example.com with additional questions.